Girl, Reworked is interested in all things related to reworking our lives with the intention of creating healthier and happier lives for ourselves and those we care about.
Girl, Reworked offers the space to talk about the things that matter in our everyday lives: sex, money, relationships, bodies, parenting, fears, dreams, food, books, technology, and crazy ideas all within the reworking theme. How can fine-tuning these areas of our lives improve our well-being?
Girl, Reworked writers are edgy, articulate, and are not afraid to speak their truth.
If you are interested in submitting an article for publication in one of our columns, please become familiar with our tone and style by reading through the magazine.
The following list is a short summary of GRW’s columns:
- Looks Matter Yes, they do. How do you maximize your assets?
- Bliss Factor How do you find your peace in this fast-paced world?
- Your Body, Your Self What do you do to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally?
- Whom do You Love? What are the most challenging aspects in your relationships? And how do you deal with them?
- Be Delicious We love reworking favorite recipes into healthier options. (Please note: GRW publishes vegetarian recipes only, but we do love to take meat-based recipes and rework them into vegetarian or vegan dishes.)
- Worth Reading Got something to share that you think our readers would enjoy? This is the place to share your favorite reads or write a book review.
- Tech Report Have a favorite tech tool or tip to share? What effect is technology having on your life?
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “submission” and the name of the column you are submitting to in the subject line. (Ex: “Submission for Looks Matter”)
- All submissions should be sent as Word doc. attachments. (No PDFs, please.)
- Format: Double-spaced; Times, Times New Roman, or Courier font; 12-point type; 1” margins all around.
- Please include your name, contact information, and word count on the first page.
- Include your last name, title, and page number on every page.
- All articles should be 500 to 700 words in length. GRW reserves the right to edit for content and/or space.
- Reprints accepted.
- Please send supporting photos as .jpg attachments with identifying file names. We love your photos!
- Please include a short bio (no more than sixty words) and a photograph of yourself (in .jpg format). You may also include a website address that you would like readers to be linked to from your GRW bio page.
- Published articles will be featured for one week, receive a media blast, and kept in our archives indefinitely (or until you request your article to be removed). Your bio page will remain as long as your article is kept in the archives. (Girl, Reworked is unable to pay for articles at this time. We do look forward to changing that as we grow.)
- If your submitted article has been published elsewhere, please include this information.
- Authors retain all rights of work submitted and/or published.
Your submission to Girl, Reworked confirms your acceptance of the above-listed guidelines.
I can’t wait to read what you’ve written and share it with our readers!